Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Standing still

There's been a lot going on these days; teaching, learning, meeting, talking, working, creating, movin' n groovin'.  Motivation along with inspiration has come and gone and I'm trying to get back into it.

I have a lot of work-in-progress right now.  Paintings, photography, website, love life, holiday social life... nothing of which is going particularly well but moving in the right direction.

I have taken on the challenge of teaching myself HTML and CSS.  Once I started freelancing I knew it would be the best way to get my work out there by building my own portfolio site.  I looked into A LOT of sites that you can just drop you're content into, but really what's the fun in that?  Plus, I'm a curious person. I love learning new things all the time.  I bought a couple books, picked friend's and colleagues brains and off I went.  And here I am now, at a standstill.  I know what I want the site to do and how I want it to function but I think I am getting myself in a little over my head.  Any help/guidance is always welcome.

Finally have started painting again.  It's always something I love to do but finding the right time to just dive in and get my hands dirty is always my biggest challenge.  For some reason anytime I really get started on a painting and get into it someone always calls with some FANTASTIC idea to go do something.  One Sunday I declined all offers and sat and got my visions onto my canvas.  While this masterpiece is well on it's way... once again, I find myself at a standstill.

Photography... well, I can't really say I have too many projects going on right now but a few Christmas cards will be in the making in the next couple of weeks.  I'm realizing that I love my photography more and more every time I do it.  I am starting to think it may be something I would like to invest a little more time and money into.  I usually like my results so much more than a lot of my painting and graphics work.  (Will share some of the recent headshots in a moment)

Personal life... not too much to say.  Men come and go, friends are always there.  That is one thing I have to say I am truly thankful for this holiday season the friendships which are continuing to grow!

Quote I am living by at the moment, "...we are here for a good time, not a long time."

Headshots: K. Hammett






NYC Fall





No comments:

Post a Comment