Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Back at it

Finally after many weeks of dreading trying to redesign my blog, I have found some time.

I also found time this weekend to get back at what I love to do most, which is take photos!  I convinced my roommate to join me as we trucked over to Brooklyn (of course the subway was running local so it took almost an hour to get there... it's like complaining about getting stuck in traffic, but you're stuck with 40 strangers in the dark).  Once getting to Brooklyn, I just fell in love the moment I walked into the botanical gardens.

Finally, a real breath of fresh air.  And I mean that in every context possible.  It smelled like home, fresh cut grass and blooming trees (this did not sit well with my allergies, but I dealt with it for the day).  Anyone who lives or visits NY, GO!!! (and I was told the Bronx Botanical Gardens is even better)  It was a nice different thing to do.  There were tons of families and friends hanging out, having picnics, running around and taking pictures.  I must admit, if I was ever taken on a date there I would have LOVED it (hint, hint).

Here's a small taste at what the day looked like...


I just loved the couple... they give me hope!


I boosted my roommate up into the tree
(also there was a man behind me asking if she needed a boost...)





I don't know what it is about spring flowers but they just melt away the winter greys!

No comments:

Post a Comment